Desktop Publishing (DTP)
The complete process of translation and localization assumes an accurate recreation of the characteristic features of the original documents and marketing materials. We start from the original and end up on its true, "ready-to-print" copy. In order to achieve this we need the intervention of desktop publishing specialists and use of professional tools.
The employees at our DTP department are high-class specialists in the industry who use hardware and software enabling the realization of every project concerning text and graphics processing, even the most complicated ones. We support both Windows and Macintosh platforms, using a whole range of Adobe products (Acrobat, InDesign, FrameMaker, PageMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and Microsoft solutions (Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Excel), as well as other software such as QuarkXpress, Corel Draw, CAD or less common Broadvision Quicksilver (formerly known as Interleaf).
Our team participated in creating multilingual documentation for such end clients as Microsoft, Symantec, Cisco, HP, McAfee, Kodak, Canon, TetraPak, Terex, Gatsometer, Piklington, Schneider, SAP and many others.
Our offer includes the following services:
- Converting files from non-standard to more universal formats in the localization process, extracting their content and preparing for further translation.
- Desktop publishing of the translated texts according to the typographic rules in any European language (Latin, Greek and Cyrillic alphabets), basic Asian and Middle Eastern languages (Arabic, Hebrew).
- Generating final files in the PDF format, ready for online publication or printing.
- Designing from the beginning or adjusting documents that will undergo the localization process into other foreign languages.
- Editing multimedia projects in the Flash format.
- Creating and modifying graphics and screenshots used in publications.
Quality assurance on every stage of the DTP process
Quality is a value that we guarantee from the moment of placing a request for quotation. Our specialists carefully analyze the materials and requirements received from the client and are able to foresee possible difficulties and suggest preventive measures. In the process of project realization the material is thoroughly checked (DTP review). This helps us assure typographic correctness for a given language and text layout consistency in all language versions as well as prevent any changes from occurring as a result of the DTP process. Before the handback to the client the final files undergo quality assurance (DTP QA) phase, which confirms the error free structure and layout of the files. The entire multilingual desktop publishing process at Studio Gambit is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Cooperation with our company
You are welcome to begin a long term cooperation which will certainly result in your satisfaction from the very first projects realized by us. If you have any questions or would like to request a free quote, please contact Maciej Skarbek,
Technical Services Manager (email@example.com).